World Reach Partnerships is a non-profit mission organization committed to taking the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a world in need of hope. Since 1995, God has given us the opportunity to build long-term partnerships with churches all over the world. We are dedicated to helping local churches be directly involved in short-term missions by training, planning, and leading their global mission efforts. Our desire is to connect American churches with sister churches to help extend, encourage, and empower the local church as we advance the Kingdom of God.
Meet the World Reach Team
Board of Directors: Rick Via, Janet Via, Tommy Snyder, Murrill Boitnot, and Josh Via
In addition to international ministry, Rick Via preaches regularly in the U.S. leading revival meetings & missions conferences. Rick is unapologetically committed to the inerrancy and authority of Scripture. He believes, lives by, loves and preaches the Bible, and it alone. He holds a Master of Divinity degree from Southwestern Seminary and an honorary Doctorate of Theology from Mid-Atlantic Bible College. Rick and his wife, Janet, have five grown children and 22 grandchildren.
Jacob is responsible for developing and organizing all aspects of the ministry's global mission efforts, including planning all short-term missions. In addition, he is responsible for the day-to-day operations of World Reach, specifically with our partners in Haiti. Jacob and his wife, Keesha, have six children and live in Port Au Prince, Haiti.
Jared is a graduate of Southeastern Seminary and has experience in pastoral ministry and international missions. As our Ministry Director, Jared is responsible for expanding and maintaining our partnerships with churches and pastors as well as training and leading our short term mission teams. He is available for conferences, revivals, youth retreats, camps and more. Jared and his wife, Danielle, have three little girls and live in Radford, VA.
Jonathan (aka Smooth) and Kelly Via are our full-time missionaries to East Africa. They live and work in Uganda (along with their 5 girls), planting churches, training pastors, working in the Arise Africa International babies home, and calling people to come follow Jesus. Follow their family at thevias.com.
Janet is the wife of Rick Via and have been happily married for 41 years. She is blessed with five children and 22 grandchildren. She greatly enjoys serving the Lord alongside her husband and family. She has her BA in accounting and had been overseeing the financial affairs of World Reach for more than 20 years.
- JONATHAN GROOMS
Global Partners in Peace & Development
"Over the past 10 years that I have been associated with Rick Via I have seen God work through this ministry in a powerful way. I have had the privilege of working with Rick both in Uganda and India. He is a Spirit-filled man that walks with God. He doesn’t just talk about evangelism, he practices it. God is using him all around the world to win people to Christ and to train pastors and leaders to disciple those who are committed to Christ."
- TERRY HARPER
State Executive Director, West Virginia Convention of Southern Baptists
"Rick Via is one of the most gifted and exciting preachers of our day. He loves Jesus, and unashamedly shares Him with others at every opportunity. I have known Rick for over twenty years and have watched his life and ministry. It has been consistent and throughly Christ-like. Rick has been in our church on several occasions and each time we have been greatly blessed If you are seeking a dynamic harvest evangelist. I recommend Rick Via without hesitation."
- DR. BAILEY SMITH
Evangelist/Former President of the Southern Baptist Convention
"As a former President of the Southern Baptist Convention I am often asked to endorse a book, but I do not always agree to do so. In this case, I was eager to do it. Rick’s book [God Still Moves] will bless you. I also know the author as a man of integrity. So get his book – read it and be encouraged.”
- DR. ROY FISH
Distinguished Professor of Evangelism Emeritus, Southwestern Seminary
“Anything Rick Via writes comes from a warm heart and a sound mind. This is partly why God Still Moves is a book every Christian should read. It is a good combination of truth, humor, and inspiration.”
- JUNIOR HILL
Evangelist, Junior Hill Ministries
“In his book, God Still Moves, Rick Via has given us a treasure house of encouraging thoughts built around personal illustration from his life and ministry. Short, concise, and easy to read, these words will bless and lift the spirit of all who read them.”
- VERNON BREWER
Founder & President, World Help
“I have had the privilege to travel around the world with Rick Via. His passion is contagious; his stories are inspiring and sometimes riveting. His impact will surely outlive him. His life is evidence that, God Still Moves."
- DR. DANIEL AKIN
President, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
“Rick Via has a heart for God and a passion for the lost. His book God Still Moves reflects both. Read and be blessed.”
Rick Via World Reach Partnerships is committed to use every available means to reach every available person with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is our goal to walk through every open door in proclaiming God’s salvation through Jesus Christ.
Statement of Faith
Rick Via World Reach Partnerships is committed to building this ministry on God’s unshakeable truth. These are our core beliefs:
- We believe that the Bible is God’s infallible, inerrant and eternal word. We are committed to teaching and preaching it without compromise or apology.
- We believe in the absolute Deity of Jesus Christ. He is the Son of God and also God the Son, the second person of the Trinity.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God’s only provision for our salvation. His sacrifice on the cross was for all mankind for all time.
- We believe that all men are lost in sin and have no hope of heaven until they repent and place their faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe in heaven and hell. Heaven is a prepared place for prepared people. Hell is the eternal destiny for those who reject God’s salvation through Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the soon return of Jesus Christ. He will come visibly, personally and powerfully. His return will crush Satan and establish God’s eternal Kindgom.
- We believe in the local church. It is God’s means to disciple believers and fulfill the Great Commission.
- We believe in the urgency of missions and evangelism. It is God’s command and our call to preach the Gospel to the ends of the earth.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity. He indwells all believers at the moment of salvation and baptizes them into the body of Christ.
- We believe in the security of the believer. God is able to keep and complete those He saves.